As a therapist, I see clearly the value of therapy, but I realize not everyone does. It’s important to know that therapy isn’t only for those with serious mental illnesses. It has so much value for anyone who isn’t happy, doesn’t have inner peace, or is unsure how to create a better tomorrow. Therapy can help support and guide you through whatever you’re struggling with, and be a safe place to explore a myriad of thoughts and feelings.
Talking with a therapist has several benefits over talking with a friend or a relative. Among those benefits are:
- A therapist isn’t part of a client’s daily life.
- They have no reason to judge or take sides.
- There’s no need for equal time and focus in conversations.
- A therapist always has the goal of empowerment.
- Therapists have the training, experience, and expertise to make a difference.
Therapy helps clients:
HEAL FROM THE PAST
PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE
LIVE IN THE PRESENT
Until next time,